Central Wyoming College is Ranked the #1 College in Wyoming by niche.com and the #1 Nursing School in Wyoming by registerednurse.org.
Making The Grade
We have been ranked the top college in Wyoming the past 2 years in a row by niche.com. We also have had the #1 Nursing school in Wyoming for many years and have ranked in the top 10% in the nation on the NCLEX exam pass rates. We offer a wide range of programs from bachelors, associate and certificate level depending on your needs. The college offers career and technical programs like welding, automotive, cosmetology, culinary and much more. We also offer arts programs like film, new media, art, photography and performing arts. Our largest programs are business, and STEM. With classes that average 15 students and a 16:1 student to faculty ratio, we are the perfect fit for those coming from a private school or homeschool background.
3 Things Families Should Know
“Family” is what CWC is all about! We are a small community in Riverton of only 10,000 people and we take good care of each other. Your son or daughter will have peace of mind at CWC because we put the student as the top priority. We offer free trainings to all of our students like; ALICE, CPR/First Aid, Refuse to be a Victim and Self Defense. We have 3 full time armed security officers and video surveillance around campus. The college spends a lot of time and effort on providing fun trips for the students to take and events they will enjoy. Some of the events the college offers are ski trips, hiking, white water rafting, bonfires, game nights and a whole lot more. We also provide free tutoring to ALL students. So, if your son or daughter is struggling with a class, we have students and staff to assist them at no extra cost. All they have to do it go to the tutoring center and sign up for assistance. Student success is a top priority for CWC.
Top Majors or Programs of Study
- Career/Technical – Welding, Auto, Electrical, Cosmetology, Computer Tech
- Outdoor Education and Leadership
- GIST and Expedition Science
How To Apply
CWC is an open-enrollment school – that means all students are accepted once their application has been submitted! Follow these steps to get started on your path to admission.
1) Apply for CWC admission for FREE – www.cwc.edu
2) Submit Your Transcripts – Please send your official high school or high school equivalency (GED/HISET) and college transcripts to email@example.com
3) Apply for Financial Aid & Scholarships – www.cwc.edu/scholarships and Apply for the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The CWC code is 005018. The FAFSA is required for institutional aid.
4) Placement – Math placement required to ensure you are in the appropriate math.
5) Housing – www.cwc.edu/housing (student DOES NOT have to live on campus)
6)Advising and Orientation – Call 307-855-2115 to register
7) Textbooks – www.cwc.edu/bookstore
Campus Visit Information
Interested in checking out our campus? Want to see the health and science building, our equine facility or the Alpine Science Institute in Lander? Contact us and we will set up a personalized tour. Tour times are flexible to fit your schedule.
Most tours are hosted by Deputy Recruiters who are excellent at answering any questions about student life at CWC you might have.
Schedule a tour today! https://cwcadmissions.secure.force.com/EventListing
Virtual Tours at www.cwc.edu/tour